Rec and Park, as part of the Dolores Park rehabilitation project, is forming a Community Steering Committee composed of representative local leaders to help guide the planning effort and assure the project addresses the community’s priorities. Dolores Park Works will be represented by, Robert Brust and Rob Lord.
The committee had an initial first meeting on April 27 and discussed who should be included in the group to create full community representation. We also covered the need for a robust communication plan to assure that the planning process is carried out in full public view. All present agreed that they understood these were public, open-door meetings. Dolores Park Works has agreed to help publish the records of our meetings and has urged Rec and Park to do the same.
Our next Steering Committee meeting will be May 26, 6 pm at Dolores Park Church, 455 Dolores Street. If you have a particular concern, please call Jake Gilchrist, Project Manger, at 415-581-2561 or Steve Rasmussen Cancian, member of the project design team, at 415-409-1814.
April 27 Mission Dolores Project Steering Committee Attendees:
- RPD, Jake Gilchrist, project manager, Eric Andersen, area 6 manager
- Dept of Public Works, John Dennis, landscape architect
- Steve Rasmussen Cancian, Shared Spaces Landscape Architecture, community outreach organizer
- RHAA Landscape Architects, Dough Nelson, Aditya Advani, Cara Ruppert
- Hamilton + Aitken Architects, Susan Aitken, Thomas Lawrence
- Neighborhood Parks Council, Sunya Ojure, for Meredith Thomas
- Dolores Park Works, Rob Lord, Robert Brust
- Mission Community Council, Crystal Vann Wallstrom
- Mission Dolores Neighborhood Association, Peter Lewis
- Dolores Park Dogs, Lindsay Kefaufer
- Merchants, Sam Mogannam, Rachel Herbert