Supervisor Scott Wiener is spearheading an effort to augment the Recreation & Parks Department budget for the coming fiscal year with funding to pay for five more gardeners, as well as four more park patrol officers to help thwart graffiti and other vandalism in our parks city-wide. Vandalism is the #1 problem being reported in our parks, and these new patrol officers and gardeners are the best way to address it. The new funding would total about $750,000.
The Board of Supervisors is expected to take this up as early as today. You can help support this excellent move by contacting your Supervisor immediately with a message in support of the additional funding for Recreation and Parks. A contact list of the Board of Supervisors follows for your convenience. Please copy our good friend, Matt O’Grady, Executive Director San Francisco Parks Alliance, our city-wide park advocacy organization to help track this advocacy. Thank you!
- John Avalos, District 11, (415) 554-6975 John.Avalos@sfgov.org
- David Campos, District 9, (415) 554-5144 David.Campos@sfgov.org
- David Chiu, District 3, (415) 554-7450 David.Chiu@sfgov.org
- Carmen Chu, District 4, (415) 554-7460 Carmen.Chu@sfgov.org
- Malia Cohen, District 10, (415) 554-7670 Malia.Cohen@sfgov.org
- Sean Elsbernd, District 7, (415) 554-6516 Sean.Elsbernd@sfgov.org
- Mark Farrell, District 2, (415) 554-7752 Mark.Farrell@sfgov.org
- Jane Kim, District 6, (415) 554-7970 Jane.Kim@sfgov.org
- Eric Mar, District 1, (415) 554-7410 Eric.L.Mar@sfgov.org
- Christina Olague, District 5, (415) 554-7630 Christina.Olague@sfgov.org
- Scott Wiener, District 8 (415) 554-6968 Scott.Wiener@sfgov.org