A fundraiser to support the stewards of Dolores Park
Dolores Park Works Summer Celebration fundraiser is Saturday, June 21 from 3 to 6pm at 18 Reasons, 3674 18th Street. Money raised will help our Dolores volunteer clean ups, the “Respect the Park” campaign and advocacy for a Safe, Clean and Fun Dolores Park. Special guests are Scott Wiener, district 8 supervisor and Phil Ginsburg, Rec and Park general manager. Our generous sponsors are –
- Wine, Bluxome Street Winery and Sutton Cellars.
- Beer, Cervecería de MateVeza.
- Bites, Bi-Rite Catering, Delfina and Tartine Bakery.
- Desserts, Dolores Park Cafe.
- Gift bags, Super Duper Burger, One Simple Thing and Good Vibrations
Tickets are available now on Eventbrite, till noon. Tickets will be avalable at the door till the room fills.
$35 for basic entry and a $100 VIP ticket. A VIP ticket will include invitations to special events throughout the year, the VIP Gift Bag and recognition at The Dolores Park Party and on our web-site. Your money helps support:
- Park Clean Ups – In 2013, we organized and hosted 12 volunteer lead clean ups of Dolores Park. That’s 430 hours of donated park maintenance. This season we plan to to do even more. With your help, we will be organizing regular monthly clean up and will continue to reach out to local businesses, schools, social organizations and local corporations.
- Park Advocacy – We advocated and petitioned for Port-o-potties to help supplement the failing toilets of Dolores back in 2009. And we will be there when we cut the ribbon on the two new high-capacity restrooms in 2015. Our goals is to maintain Dolores as a jewel of San Francisco.
- Park Respect– Dolores Parks Works is working with Rec and Park on a campaign to get out our message of a sustainable park, Pack it in and Pack it out!